Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko blew their opportunities to be back fighting for the betPawa Ghana Premier League title as both teams dropped points on match day 30 over the weekend.
Hearts were on the road to Samreboi where they faced Samartex at the Nsenkyire Park with the hosts scoring two late goals to secure the win over the Phobians.
Linda Mtange looked to have grabbed the winner for the Accra-based club in the dying embers of the game back Samartex scored in the 76th minute for the equaliser to tie the game before a 95th-minute strike ensured they took all three points.
Elsewhere at the Baba Yara Stadium, Asante Kotoko failed to protect their lead from the first half as they were held to a 1-1 stalemate by Bibiani GoldStars.
Solomon Sarfo-Taylor gave the Porcupine Warriors the lead but Abednego Tetteh was on hand to punish Kotoko for the missed chances as he scored in added time of the second half.
At the WAFA Park in Sogakope, Great Olympics played their way out of relegation as they mastered a 2-0 win over Kotoku Royals.
Isaac Mensah and Michael Osei were on the scoresheet for the Wonder Club.
Full-time results from other match centres:
Tamale City 4-0 King Faisal
Legon Cities 3-2 Nsoatreman
Berekum Chelsea 4-0 Accra Lions
Real Tamle United 0-0 Dreams
- Hanno Barkhoff joins Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra as General Manager
- GRA clears air over allegation of harassment; recovers over ¢104,000 from upfront payments
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: This is why Black Sherif is ‘mad’ at the government
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests