A 30-year-old labourer has been sentenced to 3 years imprisonment by the Nkawie circuit court for stealing at Adesu, in the Atwima Mponua District.
Solomon Mensah pleaded guilty and was convicted on his plea.
Detective Inspector Anthony Acheampong told the court presided by Mr Johnson Abbey that the complainant provided accommodation for the accused who had gone to the town to visit his sick brother.
He said on November 30 last year at about 0800 hours, the complainant left the convict in the room to attend to nature’s call.
On his return, he detected that his Infinix mobile phone valued at GH¢700.00, laptop valued at GH¢1,500.00, a tablet valued at GH¢800.00 and a keyboard valued at GH¢70.00, together with the convict, were nowhere to be found.
A report was made to the Nyianhin police who arrested the culprit at his hideout at Nkawkaw in the eastern region.
Mensah admitted the offence in his caution statement.
He was charged and put before the court.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Former students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
- NSMQ2021: Northern landlords, Tamasco, three others secure tickets for national championship
- Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Police in Ashanti Region gun down one suspected robber
GCB outlines strategy that hinges on 3 pillars
Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
Road Safety is a collective and shared responsibility – MTTD
NCCE, Graphic Communication Group to deepen relations
CIMG commits to national development through launch of professional marketing qualifications
No dividend for Unilever shareholders; but company focused on delivering growth
Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
UK government commits to introducing legislation to ban conversion therapy practice
Chief of Defence Staff, two others inducted into office
Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine authorised for administering to children aged 12-15
Playback: Government addresses press on ‘galamsey’ fight
Board chairman of Legon Cities donates to Oti Muslim community
Kamaldeen Sulemana ready to take next step in career amid Man Utd and Ajax interest
Council of States donates to inmates of Bole Hospital