Five persons who tied another man with a rope and tried to lynch him at Twenedaso, near Mpasatia in the Atwima Mponua District, have been remanded into police custody by the Nkawie Circuit Court.
Adama Ali 52, Haruna Ali 52, Kofi Daniel 45, Godwin Lare 48, all farmers and Haruna Salifu 25, driver, were said to have tied the neck and hands of Kwame Owusu, alias “Kramo” with a nylon rope and beat him severely for damaging the water hose used in their illegal mining activities.
Prosecuting, Detective Inspector Anthony Acheampong told the court presided by Mr Johnson Abbey that the suspects and the complainant were all residents of Twenedaso.
He said on March 09, this year at about 0900 hours the suspects attacked the complainant for allegedly damaging their water hose.
The prosecution said the suspect repeated the assault on the complainant at 1600 hours on the same day in front of the house of Adama Ali and Haruna Ali and tied him with a rope.
Inspector Acheampong said the complainant was rescued by some neighbours and reported the case to the Nkawie police who arrested the suspects.
He said the accused in their cautioned statement admitted the offence and were therefore charged and brought before the court.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation
- Jay Bahd is bigger than the ‘Best New Artist’ category – DJ Slim
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady divorce was ‘death of my dream’
- Akufo-Addo’s appointments of NPP activists to EC require amendment of Article 43 – Mahama
- ICC concerned by Russia’s ‘threats’ over Putin warrant
- Why is everyone wearing these cartoonish red boots?
- Ken Ofori-Atta leads delegation to start debt restructuring talks with China
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Explicitly state your opposition to scrapping of ex-gratia – Mahama tells NPP