Police have arrested four suspects for their involvement in a violent land dispute at Gomoa Akramang in the Central Region.
The Police in a statement said the four suspects, Sumaila Ibrahim, Agbenyegah Kusavi, Kwame Nyarko and Samuel Eson, and a group from Gomoa Akramang attacked some persons who were working on a disputed parcel of land.
The attack resulted in the death of one person and injury to some others at Gomoa Akramang.
The injured victims are currently receiving medical treatment while the body of the deceased has been deposited at the Police Hospital morgue for preservation and autopsy.
Items retrieved from the suspects include one pump-action gun, cutlasses, two live BB cartridges and three spent BB ammunitions.
The suspects were arraigned before the Awutu Breku District Magistrate Court on November 10, 2022 and have been remanded into Police custody to reappear on November 24.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- I kicked out 6 social media influencers from set – Yvonne Nelson reveals
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Teacher confesses to having sex in classroom with 12-year-old, police say
- Even Obama will have problems fighting corruption in Ghana – Kofi Bentil
- Bawku Killings: We are preparing ourselves for an explosion we can’t contain – Kofi Bentil
- We are not concerned about tradability of our bonds – Martin Kpebu replies Finance Ministry
- Government’s arrogant posturing to blame for challenges with implementation of DDEP – Alhassan Suhuyini
- My account on Bawku killings based on eye witness report – Ayariga
- Bawku killings: Families of deceased must be duly compensated – Ayariga
- US FDA says India-made eye drop linked to some infections, blindness and one death
- Murder case involving Ghanaian resident in Canada adjourned to February 16
- Court quashes suspension of Kuapa Kokoo President after months of litigation
- I don’t want the President’s hand in investigating Bawku killings – Ayariga
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- Treasure Kids Newspaper relaunched to encourage reading
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single “More Of You”
- Playback: Newsfile discusses revised DDE, CPI 2022 report and CSSPS expose