Green Cross International (GCI), a humanitarian organisation, has donated boxes of foodstuffs to some families in Asokore Mampong in the Ashanti Region.
The boxes, which contained bags of rice, cooking oil, tomatoes and mackerel, were shared among 500 families corresponding to 2500 people.
This forms part of GCI’s global solidarity campaign dubbed ‘Together Against COVID-19’.
The project is to help raise awareness on the immediate and lasting impact of the novel coronavirus on Sub-Saharan Africa and also helping the poor in society with direct aid.
“We hope this donation will help cushion families to survive the economic hardship that has resulted in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Mubarick Masawudu, the Executive Director of Green Cross in Ghana said during the exercise in Asokore Mampong
Green Cross International is seeking to provide food items to 40,000 families in West Africa corresponding to about 200,000 people with the help of the Together Against COVID-19 project.
They are also giving out technical and financial support to small scale enterprises providing essential services.
About Green Cross International
Green Cross International (GCI), is a leading humanitarian organization founded by President Mikhail Gorbachev to respond to the combined challenges of security, poverty and environmental degradation to ensure a shift towards sustainable and secure future for all.
The organization has been working in Ghana through its national affiliates, Green Cross Ghana since 2009 and it is present in over 30 countries in the world.
- Dogboe beats Lopez by majority decision
- Man stabs friend to death at a funeral
- Bullion van attack: Police arrest 215 suspects in a swoop
- Teshie Wulomo, 2 others injured after gunmen fire shots during pre-Homowo rituals
- Presidential jet capable of making non-stop trips to Europe – Aviation expert
- Until we empower Ghanaians legally, the law will serve the privileged – Prof. Atuguba
- A Post-Truth World: Why Ronaldo Did Not Move Coca-Cola Share Price
- NHIS to cover Hydroxyurea sickle cell therapy – Bawumia announces
- Joe and Jill Biden announce death of ‘beloved’ dog Champ
- Ghana to establish cocoa processing plant in Rwanda
Some suspects who assaulted enumerators arrested – Prof Annim
Max Verstappen wins intense French Grand Prix battle with Lewis Hamilton
Tokyo Olympics: Ugandan tests positive for Covid in Japan
Karela’s CAM Park banned indefinitely
MTN FA Cup: Defending champions Kotoko, Hearts and Medeama progress to round of 16
Euros On MGL: Wales into last 16 despite defeat to Italy
Playback: The Probe dissects 2021 Population and Housing Census
There appears to be selective justice in Ghana – Law student
Ghana’s laws do not reflect reality – UG Law student
2021 PHC: Census Night is to raise awareness not count people – Prof Annim
Until we empower Ghanaians legally, the law will serve the privileged – Prof. Atuguba
Bullion van attack: Police arrest 215 suspects in a swoop
GIPC organises maiden Diaspora Investment Summit
NHIS to cover Hydroxyurea sickle cell therapy – Bawumia announces
Presidential jet capable of making non-stop trips to Europe – Aviation expert