About 500 residents of Binsere in the Obuasi Municipality have benefited from AngloGold Ashanti’s mini-clinic initiative in the Ashanti Region.
The initiative is the mining company’s maiden mini-clinic to support the health needs of residents of Binsere and neighbouring communities in the Ashanti region.
It is meant to promote frequent health screening in rural communities amidst concerns of a possible spike in Covid-19 cases.
AngloGold Ashanti, in collaboration with AGA Health Foundation and the Obuasi municipal health directorate, is therefore opening a new frontier of bringing quality health care to residents in Obuasi.
The maiden Mini Clinic Durbar and Health Outreach was jointly organised by AngloGold Ashanti, the AGA Health Foundation and Obuasi Municipal and Obuasi East District Health Directorates.
Senior Manager Sustainability, AngloGold Ashanti Ghana, Emmanuel Baidoo, said, “the Mini Clinic and Health Outreach organized today is an addition to the many health interventions we are implementing but more importantly it is also opening a new frontier of bringing quality health care at the doorstep of our communities.”
Drugs were given to residents who benefited from free treatment in addition to counselling on healthy lifestyles. The company assured the free screening will be an annual event to assist rural communities in the country.
“We’ve had discussion with almost all the health facilities in Obuasi, to follow up when do send the referrals. We believe that this will be a long-lasting image of AngloGold Ashanti Ghana AGA health foundation and Obuasi municipal health directorate,” Dr Justin Sonaa Dakorah, Principal Medical Officer, Occupational Health noted.
District Director of Health, Obuasi East, Delphine Gborgblorvor advised residents to desist from self-medication.
“It is always good to go for a check up to know exactly what is wrong with you, before purchasing drugs.Don’t just walk into a pharmacy shop to purchase medicines,” she emphasised.
Anglogold Ashanti Obuasi Community Trust Fund recently completed and handed over a fully furnished 16-bed capacity maternity block with operating theatre and related facilities to the Obuasi Government Hospital.
The company still carries out disinfection exercises in all health facilities, markets and lorry stations in Obuasi.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain