Audio By Carbonatix
A preliminary investigation team has been constituted to investigate the cause of the overrun of a Ghana Air force aircraft CASA C295 on the apron at the Air Force Base, in Accra, on Wednesday morning.
They are to come out with their report within 48 hours, the Public Relations Directorate of the Ghana Armed Forces said in a statement, copied to the Ghana News Agency.
There was no casualty to any crew member and anybody, it said, while there were also no passengers on board, the aircraft with registration number GHF552.
The statement, signed by Colonel Eric Aggrey-Quashie, the Director of Public Relations, said the manufacturers of the aircraft, Airbus, had been notified of the incident, which occurred during a routine engine run at 1110 hours.
“They are expected to fly in a team to join the Ghanaian counterparts for a thorough assessment of the aircraft damage,” it said. “It is worthy to note that the aircraft is recoverable”.
The CASA C295 aircraft, manufactured in November 2015 and delivered in February 2016, was due for a mandatory check in November 2019.
However, it had been non-operational since October 2019, the statement said.
“The Ghana Armed Forces wishes to assure the public, and especially its clientele, that the Ghana Air Force is still operational and its activities have not been affected by this incident.
“The moral of personnel is high and all are going about their normal activities”.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack on Ghanaian traders, calls for parliamentary inquiry
2 minutes -
Five arrested over tramadol haul; attempted GH¢50k bribe
3 minutes -
Fire engulfs building at Laterbiokoshie, fire service battles blaze
18 minutes -
Ivory Coast maintains GH¢3,600 equivalent per cocoa bag as Ghana reels from 28% emergency price cut
27 minutes -
GFZA celebrates National Chocolate Week and highlights opportunities in cocoa sector
40 minutes -
Former MMDCEs appeal to President Mahama for payment of end-of-service benefits
41 minutes -
Former MMDCEs petition President Mahama over unpaid benefits
44 minutes -
Plan International Ghana launches 9.4 million CAD support for women’s rights groups
1 hour -
KsTU adjudged best technical university, 4th best university in Ghana in 2026 QS sub-Saharan Africa rankings
1 hour -
Ghana considers extradition option in intimate image leak case – Gender Minister
1 hour -
Bawumia launches NPP rebuild, announces new policy unit ahead of 2028
1 hour -
We’re strengthening cross-border and cybersecurity collaboration to combat online abuse – Gender Minister
1 hour -
Obama clarifies views on aliens after saying ‘they’re real’ on podcast
2 hours -
Russia killed opposition leader Alexei Navalny using dart frog toxin, UK says
2 hours -
OMCs commence fuel price increases: GOIL sells petrol at GH¢10.24 as diesel rises to GH¢12.83
2 hours
