Audio By Carbonatix
A five-year-old who was defiled on February 1, this year is yet to receive any form of justice as the suspect still walks free in her neighbourhood.
According to the grandfather and guardian, Gershon Mensah, he hasn’t heard anything from the Police after making reports.
He revealed that someone offered him ¢1,000 on behalf of the family following the incident to cover his expenses.
However, the police are yet to bring any finality to the matter.
“I was passing one Sunday when a man called me and said the family of the suspect gave me some money to cover my expenses. He said they go to the same church,” he revealed.
The guardian claimed that the investigator on the case advised that they settle the matter at home since they (victim and accused) are from the same ethnic group.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show, the morose Mr Mensah narrated his granddaughter’s ordeal.
“I haven’t heard from them. Last week, they sent the victim’s mother to come and call my wife that the Police want to see her. I advised my wife not to go because she cannot express herself in any other language aside our dialect. Moreover, I am the one they were supposed to invite,” he stated.
According to him, the five-year-old cannot sit nor lay down comfortably.
"She has to kneel down before she can eat because she was in pain and her anus was swelled up,” he narrated.
However, the police have charged the suspect with indecent assault after the case was reported.
According to Gershon’s, the medical report did not show the penetration of the young girl.
“I feel very disappointed because we sent her to the hospital and the doctor declared that she was defiled,” he said.
He told host of Joy SMS, Kojo Yankson, he had to borrow money to foot the bills for his granddaughter’s examination after her fate to be able to report to the police.
He also stated that his five-year-old granddaughter is traumatised as “she just sits down and shouts on her own but formerly she doesn’t behave like that”.
Meanwhile, Mr Mensah disclosed that the suspect is still roaming free in the community and lives about 10 metres from their home.
Attempts by JoyNews to hear from the Police on the matter have proven futile so far.
Latest Stories
-
Netflix sued by band Demon Hunter over ‘KPop Demon Hunters’
2 hours -
Harvard to pay $53 million to settle lawsuits over theft of body parts
2 hours -
Mark Zuckerberg encouraged growth over child safety, ex-Meta executive testifies at trial
3 hours -
Amazon plans drone delivery expansion to about 500 US locales
3 hours -
Trump calls for Congress to pass crypto bill at White House event
3 hours -
ABC says intimidation by Trump’s FCC forced programming changes
3 hours -
Uber launches autonomous rides in Zagreb, its first in Europe
3 hours -
Ecuador intelligence chief and five Americans killed in Kenya helicopter crash
3 hours -
NMC reconstitutes boards of four state-owned media organisations
4 hours -
Keep abreast of new traffic regulations – Police
4 hours -
Police to prosecute commercial drivers for overcharging passengers
4 hours -
24-Hour Markets is not our responsibility – Goosie Tanoh distances Secretariat from project
4 hours -
Vaccine breakthrough stops cancer returning in trial
4 hours -
‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
5 hours -
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK
5 hours