Audio By Carbonatix
The Bono East Regional Coordinating Council has initiated steps towards introducing new measures capable of curbing the spread of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Bono East Regional Minister Mr. Kwesi Adu Gyan, has therefore called for the total adherence to the COVID-19 safety protocols as the surest way of minimizing the increasing number of cases recorded across the region.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with Joy News Monday, he said, "I think as a region, we must sit up and find ways and means by which we can observe these protocols and I'm assuring you that in Bono East, we'll take action pretty soon. We'll make sure we introduce new measures that would ensure that there's strict adherence to these protocols". He added
Mr. Adu Gyan noted that the Regional Coordinating Council is, together with the Regional Security Council (REGSEC), introducing new measures that would enforce strict adherence to the prescribed protocols.
The region has recorded a total of 77 new cases within two weeks, a situation health authorities describe as worrying.
"From the data, we were made to understand that just last month (June), we had fewer cases, but as I'm speaking to you, it has increased more than 100%. So, this must be a concern to everybody not only people living in the Bono East Region but the country as a whole". He said
"We want to get it to our people that, it's essential and critical that we observe the COVID-19 protocols of handwashing, nose masking and social distancing because, its neglect is why we are here today".
The region has since the outbreak of the pandemic, recorded a cumulative number of 1,533 cases with a case fatality of 1.74%, a figure above the national average of 0.6%.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
5 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
6 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
22 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
27 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
34 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
1 hour -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
5 hours