Audio By Carbonatix
A team of operations and intelligence police officers in the Western Region has retrieved one of the excavators that were reported missing in the Ellembelle District.
In a post on social media on Wednesday, the Police said the excavator was discovered several kilometres in a forest within the district through their operations on Tuesday, September 6.
The Service is currently undertaking investigation to recover the other excavator and arrest all those behind the act to face justice.
Meanwhile, the District Chief Executive (DCE) of Ellembelle, Kwasi Bonzo, and three others have been arrested for obstruction and attack against the police officers that recovered the excavator.
“While the team of police officers was escorting the excavator to Takoradi, at the Axim Junction, the DCE of Ellembelle, Mr. Kwasi Bonzo organised and led some thugs to attack the police and obstruct the operation.
“The DCE and three others were therefore arrested accordingly. Investigation continues to recover the other excavator and arrest all those behind it to face justice,” the police added.
This comes days after Mr Bonzo, his personal assistant, and one other person were placed under police investigation for the disappearance of two mining excavators in the district.

Sources say Wednesday’s arrest ensued when the DCE caught wind that the police had recovered an excavator similar to what had been reported missing.
He moved in to supposedly identify the earthmoving equipment in the early hours of the day.
Reports indicate that the DCE was ignored when he came in to try and verify the machines’ ownership.
Eyewitnesses told JoyNews Western Regional Correspondent, Ina-Thalia Quansah that the DCE followed up in the Ayisakrom in the district.
There, Kwasi Bonzo is said to have confronted the security officials resulting in a scuffle.
Eventually, he was bundled into a police vehicle and transported to the headquarters in Sekondi.
Latest Stories
-
National Security Strategy gathering dust while Ghanaians die in Burkina Faso — Kwesi Aning
2 minutes -
Not one warning issued-Prof. Aning slams gov’t over failure to warn tomato traders of Burkina Faso danger
35 minutes -
Today’s Front pages : Tuesday, February 17, 2026
45 minutes -
Ghana, Spain deepen agribusiness ties as GB Foods calls on Trade Minister, unveils 6k-acre tomato project
46 minutes -
Our Alhaji of Radio Univers is gone
54 minutes -
Eve and Twinsdntbeg to headline 10th anniversary of the Warwick Africa Summit 2026
55 minutes -
Continental Free Trade Area must benefit farmers – AfCFTA Secretary-General Wamkele Mene
1 hour -
MTN Ghana and CalBank launch 2026 “Save A Life” campaign
1 hour -
24 Hour Economy Secretariat engages Bank of Ghana on policy alignment
2 hours -
The fugu fight: A lesson in identity, a reminder of our power in unity
2 hours -
Minority Whips are the backbone of my leadership – Afenyo-Markin
2 hours -
Mahama to present historic resolution on slave trade to UN in March
2 hours -
Tanker blast: NRSA presses for safety reforms
3 hours -
Ghana, Lebanon deepen security cooperation after high-level talks in Accra
3 hours -
Mahama gov’t has made no real impact after one year in office – Afenyo-Markin
3 hours
