Audio By Carbonatix
The Deputy Minister for Communications, Digital Technology and Innovations, Mohammed Adams Sukparu, has assured the public that he is safe and recovering steadily following a road accident last week.
Sukparu was involved in the accident together with the Minister of Education, Haruna Iddrisu, while travelling to the 8th Congregation and 40th Anniversary celebration of Tumu College of Education. The incident sparked concern among constituents and colleagues across the country.
In a statement issued on February 15, Sukparu said he is responding positively to treatment and remains in high spirits while observing a brief period of rest as advised by medical professionals.
“Alhamdulillah, by the mercy of Almighty Allah, I am safe and currently receiving medical care. I am recovering well and have been advised by medical professionals to rest and observe a period of recuperation,” he stated.
He expressed profound gratitude to President John Dramani Mahama, Vice President Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang, Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin, Chief of Staff Julius Debrah, and the Minister for Communications, Samuel Nartey George, for their support and concern.
“I am deeply grateful for the calls, prayers and encouragement from His Excellency the President, the Vice President, and other senior government officials. Your support has been truly comforting,” he said.
Sukparu also thanked Members of Parliament, fellow Ministers of State, Chief Executive Officers and the people of Sissala West for their messages and visits.
He further acknowledged the swift intervention of Issah Mohammed Bataglia, MP for Sissala East, and commended the medical teams at Tumu Municipal Hospital and the 37 Military Hospital for their professionalism.
“I must commend the health workers at Tumu Municipal Hospital and the 37 Military Hospital for their exceptional care and dedication,” he noted.
The Deputy Minister reassured the public that he remains in stable condition and is focused on making a full recovery. “By God’s grace, I will be back to active duty soon. For now, I am concentrating on regaining full strength and following medical advice,” he added.
Latest Stories
-
GNFS confirms six deaths in Accra-Nsawam highway petrol tanker fire
8 minutes -
President Mahama commissions new Ghana embassy chancery in Addis Ababa
17 minutes -
Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu questions timing of OSP investigation into alleged vote buying in NPP Presidential Primary
19 minutes -
Photos: Dreams FC suffer 1-0 defeat at home to Karela
24 minutes -
Ghana needs clear policy to tackle galamsey, our past methods fell short – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
30 minutes -
Mahama pushes urgent rollout of Pan-African payment system at AU Summit
34 minutes -
AGA Obuasi Mine and partners inspire girls at Asare Bediako SHS to pursue careers in STEM
35 minutes -
Ashanti Regional Minister inaugurates Spatial Planning Committees, unveils plan to restore Kumasi’s green glory
45 minutes -
AI-driven technology set to boost farmers’ productivity and cut seed losses in Ghana
45 minutes -
Early polls are misleading – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu on Ghana’s 2028 elections
51 minutes -
Black Princesses arrive in Ghana after victory over South Africa
53 minutes -
NPP primaries: Gideon Boako reconciles opposing camps in Tano North
59 minutes -
‘We will prepare ourselves to outweigh Uganda’ – Black Princesses coach Charles Sampson
1 hour -
Dr Bawumia can bounce back to win Ghana’s 2028 presidency – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
1 hour -
ECG schedules outages on Tuesdays for Ahodwo-Santasi transmission lines relocation
1 hour
