Former President John Dramani Mahama has called on the government to complete all abandoned health facilities started by his administration urgently.
Mr. Mahama said the abandonment of projects started by his regime breaks his heart.
“One of the heartbreaking developments for me as a politician has been the number of health facilities commenced by previous administrations that have been abandoned”
“I use this occasion to encourage the government and the President to stop this waste of our taxpayers’ money and take urgent steps to complete these hospitals.”
As a result, he urged the government to stop wasting the country’s limited resources on starting new health facilities until these ones are completed.
Mr. Mahama was speaking at the inauguration of a maternity and children’s ward he and his wife Lordina Mahama built and equipped to mark their 30th marriage anniversary.
NDC’s 2020 Presidential Candidate also urged the government to operationalise the completed ones.
Recently, the Minority also called for the operationalization of abandoned hospitals across the country.
In 2021, the Ranking Member on the Health Committee of Parliament, Kwabena Mintah Akandoh indicated that a private member’s motion on the state of abandoned hospital projects in the country will be filed when Parliament resumes from recess.
This was after the Minority visited some project sites which had not been completed or handed over to the Ministry of Health.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- Nick Cannon is now a dad of 10: Inside his growing family tree
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- Inadequate personnel and logistics support hampering work at Elubo border – Customs Division Officer
- Brazil voters: ‘Our candidate isn’t perfect, but he beats the alternative’
- Rocky Dawuni speaks on Kirani Ayat’s copyright case against GTA
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses IMF programme, GNPC’s Genser deal
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- GRA descends on 3 auto service stations for failing to issue VAT invoices to customers
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana