Adom TV presenter, Sandra Ohemeng, has been declared the winner of the Media Personality of the Year category at the recently held Women’s Choice Awards Africa event.
The TV show host, popularly known as Sister Sandy, beat nine other nominees to take home the award.
The nominees in the category included Abeiku Santana of UTV, Akosua Sarpong, Anita Akuffu of TV3, Umaru Sanda Amadu of Citi TV, Akosua Ago Aboagye, Berla Mundi TV3, Nikki Samonas and Nigeria’s Nancy Isime.
Reacting to her win on Instagram Sister Sandy said she was humbled and honoured by the love and recognition.
“I dedicate this to every woman who overcome hurdles everyday, every woman who dares to dream, To every daughter… to every mother… to the dreams of women who will shape the future of our country,” the ‘Bisa Dwom’ host said.
View this post on Instagram
MEDIA PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR : @womenschoiceawards 🙏🏾❤️🥰 I am humbled and honoured. Thank You Ghana, Thank You #GuyestFam, Thank You Multimedia ( AdomTV /FM), Thank you to everyone who voted for me, Thank you @womenschoiceawards for this recognition. . I dedicate this to every woman who overcome hurdles everyday, every woman who dares to dream, To every daughter… to every mother… to the dreams of women who will shape the future of our country. #WeAreAllWinners #WomenWinning #GuyestQueen #iamentertainment #entertainmentprefect #Sistersandybiy3guy
This is Sister Sandy’s second award in the year. She took home the TV Personality of the Year at the 7th Edition of the Scream All Youth Awards, that took place in August 2020.
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- You have to be a fisherman’s girlfriend to purchase his catch – Fish processors
- Censure motions are serious parliamentary business – Abu Jinapor
- KiDi to collaborate with Bollywood star on new track
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Playback: PM Express business edition discuss market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme
- Censure motion will keep Ministers on their toes – Inusah Fuseini
- Qatar 2022: So close yet so far; Black Stars edition
- D’banj’s arrest is misconceived, malicious — Lawyer
- Censure Motion: Minority failed to gather experts to nail Ken Ofori-Atta – Prof. Gyampo
- Lands Minister commissions centre to track explosive vehicles and excavators
- Broda Harrison releases Christmas EP dubbed Everlasting Father