The Africa Economic Summit Group has announced plans for the Africa Economic Summit 2023.
Africa Economic Summit, the first annual summit that establishes Africa as the frontier of global thinking on major economic issues in the world is an assemblage of senior leaders committed to the growth of the continent to discuss issues and frame solutions to the economic problems affecting African nations.
Holding for the third time since its inception in 2022, the Summit delivers a very influential network of leaders from around Africa and the world including top government officials, diplomats and senior business leaders.
The Summit has been successfully held in Cairo Egypt and Lagos Nigeria in the past.
According to Dr Brian Reuben, the CEO, Africa Economic Summit Group, organizers of the Summit, history shows that value shifts are always triggered by a new story.
The current state of the world has given us a rare chance to Africa to rewrite the story of Africa. But to do that, governments of African nations need the boldness to review and challenge the current models which drive government and private sector actions in Africa.
Through the Africa Economic Summit African and global leaders come together to facilitate new investments, encourage business development, share best practices, guarantee peer-to-peer networking, offer new industry insight, showcase excellence and promote thought leadership.
Past speakers include Dr Mohamed Maait – Minister Of Finance, Egypt;
Engr Gbenga Komolafe – CEO, Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission; Bolaji Osunsanya – CEO, AXXELA, Nigeria; Dr McDan McKorley, Chairman McDan Group, Ghana. Others include Mazi Dr Sam Ohuabunwa – Former President of Nigeria Economic Summit Group;
Dr Joan M. Kiema-Ngunnzi – Minister of Trade And Industrialization, Government of Embu, Kenya; Mr Mohamed Abbas Fayed
CEO of FAB Bank – Egypt; Prof. Ndubisi Ekekwe – Founder, Tekedia Institute, USA and El Shahat El Ghatwary – Commissioner, Egypt Customs Authority, Prof Mohamed Loutfi, President and first Vice-Chancellor, The British University in Egypt among others.
‘The two-day summit will close with a release of a white paper on coordinated actions that governments and institutions should commit to and implement for the improvement of the economy of Africa, strengthening the competitiveness of African companies, addressing security challenges among others’, the Group CEO stated.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Referees’ body PGMOL condemns abuse directed at Europa League final referee
- Pensioner Bonds: Government promises to clear all 5 outstanding coupons immediately
- Vodafone Ghana boss Patricia Obo-Nai recognised among top women CEOs in Africa