The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has called on President Akufo-Addo to ask the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta to step down from his position.
John Dramani Mahama believes the report by the Office of the Special Prosecutor in to the controversial indicts Ken Ofori-Atta in a major way which may dent the reputation of the incumbent government if it fails to chastise the alleged malfeasance.
A Corruption Risk Assessment conducted by Martin Amidu into the Agyapa Royalties Deal uncovered cases of alleged manipulation of the procurement process “by the Ministry of Finance by adding an unapproved rider for collaboration with a Ghanaian firm.”
“The request for proposals process from the Ministry for Finance with a rider for collaboration with eligible Ghanaian firms smells of bid-rigging by the Finance Ministry for the proposals from Imara using Data Bank as a decoy on closer examination, analysis, and assessment of the terms and conditions of the Mandate agreement purportedly signed between the Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Republic of Ghana and Imara/ Databank,” the OSP’s report indicated.
The former president accused Mr Akufo-Addo of being bias in handling issues of corruption under his tenure.
Mahama indicated that the termination of the appointment of Mr Adjenim Boateng Adjei as Chief Executive of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) and the delay of chastising the corrupt activities of Ken Ofori Atta in the Agyapa deal controversy is as a result of nepotism.
“One would have thought that he[President] will act evenly in terms of the CHRAJ report and the PPA Chief Executive and the OSP’s report and the Aggyapa deal and the finance minister and also have either ask him to step aside, suspend him or sack him after receiving the report but he has been quite.
“That’s where nepotism kicks in because we all know the finance minister is his cousin and so while he is able to ask the PPE Chief Executive his hands are tied in the case of the finance minister,” he added.
He, however, cautioned Akufo-Addo to ask the Finance Minister to step aside as show of fairness in his much-touted fight against anti-graft.
“If you want to act evenly then you must give some sanction to the finance minister,” he added.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership