The authors of this article, examined how the Covid-19 has been spreading and its impact on urban mobility, and environmental quality brought about by the lockdown.
Dr Gift Dumedah, Dr Samuel Ato Arkoful Andam and Prof Ing. Charles Anum Adams, all academics at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technolgy (KNUST) present data to show that, undesirable as it is, the lockdown resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic has provided invaluable hitherto unavailable opportunities in studying mobility and its relationships with the environment, epidemiology, economy, food security, and many more.
According to the scientists, this underscores the importance of transport and environmental monitoring to the overall socio-economic development of Ghana.
The full paper has been published below.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
Government exceeds T-Bills target by 3% after slump in recent weeks
Centre for Social Justice and IMANI honour former Auditor General, Domelevo
KIC holds final pitch for 2020 AgriTech Challenge competition
New Juaben Assembly revokes permit for statue after family sued Paramount Chief for ordering its destruction
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group