President Akufo-Addo has presented a 64-seater bus to the staff and management of the Evangelical Presbyterian (EP) College of Education at Amedzofe during a special ceremony in Accra on Tuesday.
The donation was in fulfillment of a promise he made on April 30 during the celebration of the school’s 75th anniversary.
Making the presentation on behalf of the President, Senior Presidential Advisor, Yaw Osafo Marfo, urged the management of the College to adopt good maintenance culture for the bus to last longer.
He said the President was passionate about providing the needed resources to institutions to enhance effective teaching and learning in all schools.
Mr. Osafo Marfo lauded the school for its good academic records over the years and urged them to continue working hard to make more gains for the school and the nation as a whole.
The Deputy Minister for Education, Rev. John Ntim Fordjour, said the huge investment being made in the education sector by the Government affirms the interest the President has in the sector.
He stated that the donation was part of the government’s agenda of making a huge investment in the sector which held the key to the transformation of the nation’s economy.
The Deputy Minister stated that early this year, the government presented 150 vehicles comprising 100 pickups and 50 buses to pre-tertiary institutions in the country.
The Principal of E.P College of Education, Dr Dickson Tsey, commended the government for the donation, stressing it would go a long way toward effective teaching and learning in the school.
He mentioned field trips, excursions and tours as some of the ways the bus could be used effectively.
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Barker-Vormawor trial: Court orders AG to provide security report on alleged treasonable activities
- I slept at the cemetery because it was peaceful and comfortable – Founder of Cultivating Minds Foundation
- Check out how your favourite celebrities showed up at Mona4Reall’s birthday party
- ¢5m payment to NDA contravenes PPA approval in alleged signature forgery in ¢10m case
- Chadwick Boseman died without a will. Now his wife and parents will share his estate
Arise Ghana Demo: 2 officers undergo surgery, 15 others receive treatment
Growing mob and violent mentality amongst youth worrying – Criminologist
Arise Ghana protestors granted bail
Pay cost of living allowances or face our wrath – GNAT tells government
Caught in Conflict: Procurement Specialist joins calls for probe into allegations
2022 CAF Awards: Ghana’s Kamaldeen Sulemana nominated for Young Player of the Year
Photos from one-sixteenth stage of Luv FM High School Debate
New GJA executives sworn into office
Dismissed PPA CEO explains the millions in his bank accounts
Man arrested for slapping MP at church in Uganda
Chinese builders unveil Zimbabwe’s new parliament
Joy FM’s Animwaa Anim-Addo ties the knot
Check out how your favourite celebrities showed up at Mona4Reall’s birthday party
Black Galaxies coach Annor Walker targets CHAN trophy
Asante Kotoko in talks with Fabio Gama over contract extension