The President, Nana Akufo-Addo, will proceed on a seven-day leave beginning November 13, 2021.
Director of Communications at the presidency, Eugene Arhin, who announced this, said he is expected to resume on November 20.
He disclosed that during his leave, President Akufo-Addo will travel to France to preside over a debate in the French Parliament on November 19.
“He is expected to come back to Ghana on November 20,” he said.
During his absence, the Vice-President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, will act as the President.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo will later Thursday lead a Ghanaian delegation to attend UNESCO’s 75th-anniversary ceremony in France.
“The President will on Friday deliver a statement on the impact UNESCO has had in Ghana and what Ghana expects from UNESCO in the coming years,” Mr Arhin said.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Expert trauma surgeon shares life-saving tips for road accident victims on Vodafone Healthline
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT