The chiefs and elders of Ayirebi in the Ofoase Ayirebi constituency of the Eastern Region have declared their support for the presidential candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr John Dramani Mahama, ahead of the general elections.
Speaking on behalf of the chiefs during a visit by Mr Mahama, Wednesday, Okyeame Oman-Boadi said the support of the chiefs and elders of Akyem Ayirebi for the NDC is non-negotiable.
Okyeame Oman-Boadi said the government has failed to develop their area, adding all the development projects in the Ayirebi area, including electricity, Senior High School block, clinic and potable water were all initiated by the NDC government.
“If the NDC has been able to do all these for Ayirebi and its environs, why can’t we give them our votes?” he quizzed.
“So we are assuring Mr Mahama that the people of Ofoase Ayirebi are ready to give him our votes and also support his parliamentary candidate”, Okyeame Oman-Baodi stated.
He appealed to Mr Mahama to create a new district for Ayirebi and urged him to upgrade their clinic to a district hospital status when he is elected on December 7, 2020.
The NDC flagbearer has ended his tour of the Eastern Region is expected to tour the Volta Region and Oti Region in a few days to the December 7, election.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Affail Money apologies for alleging Caleb Kudah breached code of ethics
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Coach Paa Kwesi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master
Ghanaian-German Centre launches podcast on migration and employment
Martin Bashir quits BBC ‘to focus on his health’
Buhari’s son-in-law, 2 others wanted for alleged $65m fraud
NMC Chairman’s position on Kasoa ritual killing
Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
Jaden Smith to open restaurant where homeless people can eat for free
Information Minister calls for thorough investigations into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment