Former Trade and Industry Minister, Alan John Kwadwo Kyerematen has officially handed over the sector to caretaker minister, Samuel Abu Jinapor.
This follows a directive from the President, Nana Akufo-Addo through his Director of Communications at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin.
On Friday, January 13, President Akufo-Addo in a press release directed the Lands and Natural Resources Minister to assume responsibility as the Trade and Industry Minister pending the appointment of a substantive person.
His caretaker duties were to take effect from January 16.
Earlier, the President had appointed Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta as caretaker Minister but a new release indicated that the MP for Damongo was to take over from the previous sector minister.
The former Minister of Trade and Industry submitted his resignation letter to the President on Thursday, January 5, 2023 and formally declared his intention to contest the NPP flagbearership race.
According to him, he will pick the form when nominations are opened by the party.
Delivering an address in a national broadcast, the man popularly called ‘Alan Cash’ expressed his appreciation to the President for the opportunity to serve the people of Ghana and his readiness to be a transformational leader should he be voted as president.
“Fellow countrymen and women, if by the will of God and through your goodwill, I am voted first, as the flagbearer of the NPP and subsequently as President of the Republic in the next general elections, I will become the transformational leader of our time, who will build on the foundations laid by successive leaders of our nation over the last sixty-five (65) years,” he pledged.
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Protect KNUST brand for sustainable growth – KNUST VC urges alumni
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling