Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Health Service (GHS) on Wednesday revealed that all seven coronavirus patients in the country were in stable conditions.
Director of Public Health at the GHS, Dr Ebenezer Badu Sarkodie, made the revelation when he opened a press conference organised by the Information Ministry to give an update on the new coronavirus outbreak in Ghana.
“The case count remains seven; all seven cases are being managed in isolation and all are in stable condition,” he said.
Also, he revealed that contact tracing for six out of the seven cases have reached 381, but none of these contacts has tested positive for the fast-spreading deadly virus.
“All of them are being followed up on and are doing well,” Dr Sarkodie said.
He said contact tracing for the seventh confirmed patient has started and was ongoing.
Ghana has been on high alert after two persons tested positive for the global pandemic two weeks ago.
The two initial cases were confirmed on Thursday, March 12, 2020, and were imported cases.
On Sunday, March 15, the Ghana Health Service announced four more cases, bringing the number to six.
The seventh case was announced on Tuesday.
With all of the cases being imported, Ghana has firmed up its travel restrictions and has since last week been enforcing a travel ban on all countries which have recorded more than 200 cases of COVID-19.
Speaking at the presser on Wednesday, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, said the legislation to deal with a possible spread of the coronavirus will be laid in Parliament by close of Wednesday.
He said the bill seeks to limit the freedoms in Article 21 of the 1992 Constitution.
The Ghana Immigration Service also said at the presser that it has returned incoming flights from other countries at the Kotoka International Airport as part of measures to prevent the importation of cases of the novel coronavirus.
In all, some 31 travellers from these restricted countries like the UK, US, Italy and France have been prevented from entering Ghana.
Globally, there are 218, 723 coronavirus cases with only 8, 943 deaths. Some 84, 943 persons are reported to have recovered from the virus.
Latest Stories
-
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
4 minutes -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
8 minutes -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
15 minutes -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
20 minutes -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
22 minutes -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
24 minutes -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
27 minutes -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
33 minutes -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
34 minutes -
GMTF, Atlantic Lifesciences explore local production of cancer and heart medicines
38 minutes -
GHS medical-legal claims hit GH¢400m in three years
44 minutes -
Mahama cautions Ghanaians not to take religious freedom for granted
1 hour -
We need development pathway, not selection exercise – Sports Minister urges football stakeholders
1 hour -
Government prioritises foundational learning to improve education outcomes
1 hour -
Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire deepen maritime security cooperation through joint boundary inspection
1 hour