Patrons who attended the 7th edition of the Africa Movie Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) have been asked to self-isolate 10 days after the event was held.
According to the Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Professor Akin Abayomi, the participants of the award show may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
He revealed, in a tweet, that one of the celebrities who attended the event have tested positive for coronavirus.
“#COVID19 Lagos Alert🔊! I hereby notify you that all participants at the African Magic viewers’ Choice Award (AMVCA) held on14th March at @EkoHotels may have come in contact with one of the confirmed cases in Lagos and are most likely to have been exposed to #COVID19 Infection,” he wrote on Twitter, Tuesday.
Professor Abayomi urged the patrons to be calm while they adhere to the government directives during their quarantine.
Attendees at the said event are therefo advised to:— Prof. Akin Abayomi (@ProfAkinAbayomi) March 24, 2020
1️⃣observe strict self- isolation.
2️⃣ call our #TollFree line 08000corona if they notice any of the #COVID19 related symptoms
3️⃣ Let’s #TakeResponsibility by practicing #SocialDistancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
Prior to his announcement, one producer had taken to twitter to advise the patrons to self-quarantine.
According to Ifeoma Chukwuogo, the celebrity had arrived in Nigeria from the UK showing symptoms of covid-19.
However, he/she failed to report himself to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control – the body handling coronavirus cases in Nigeria.
Ifeoma Chukwuogo added that the celebrity whom she refused to name had interacted with “many people”.
She explained on Twitter that she placed a call to the NCDC to give them information on the person and promised to follow up.
“Very true story. He hasn’t tested but came in from the UK and is down with symptoms. Plans to fly right back out soon, but has interacted with many people. I have the receipts and if he continues to refuse to report himself to the NCDC, I’ll whistleblow the shit. With receipts.”
She urged her colleague producers to halt movie productions until the country fights the virus.
Although there will be financial losses, these producers she stated that the world is in the middle of a crisis that needed all hands on deck if they wanted to succeed.
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- IMF staff mission to visit Ghana this week to track progress of Economic Recovery Programme
- PPAs agreement: Remarks made by World Bank’s Country Director not supported by facts – Suhuyini
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Saglemi project: Former Housing Ministry’s Chief Director ordered to appear in court in 48hrs
- Linda Yaccarino replaces Elon Musk as Twitter boss
- Rex Omar explains why GHAMRO’s website has been inactive for more than 6 months
- Domelevo case: NDC can admit that the Justices are fair-minded – NPP MP
- Livestream: Valedictory ceremony for Justice Jones Dotse underway
- Health sector needs “strategic” funding – Kwaku Agyeman-Manu
- We need a re-look at taxes affecting automotive industry – Investors
- Ghana and Denmark strengthen bilateral cooperation for sustainable development
- Any club official who approaches you with a bribe doesn’t like you – PFAG official warns
- If you want Olympic boxing medals in Paris move the Black Bombers to camp now!
- NSMQ 2023: 34 schools battle it out for Regional Qualifiers in Western Region