Qatari side Al Sadd SC have announced they have reached an agreement to sign Ghanaian forward Andre Ayew.
Ayew is expected to arrive in Doha on Thursday morning to complete the routine procedures, followed by the signing of the contract and the official announcement.
#السد يتفق مع النجم الغاني اندريه ايو للانضمام لصفوف للزعيم ، وسيصل اللاعب إلى الدوحة صباحاً لإستكمال الإجراءات الروتينية قبل توقيع العقد تمهيداً لإعلان الإنضمام الرسمي .#AlwaysAlSadd @AyewAndre pic.twitter.com/1hr7GLECQQ— 🏆 #75 Al Sadd SC | نادي السد (@AlsaddSC) July 21, 2021
The 31-year-old will be joining the 7th club of his illustrious career which has seen him play in France, England and Turkey.
He left Swansea for free after losing 2-0 to Brentford in the Championship play-off final.
The Black Stars captain was Swansea’s top scorer for the past two seasons, with 35 goals since returning from a loan spell at Fenerbahce.
The former Marseille player is expected to have a take home salary of around $220,000 a month at his new club.
Ayew will now have the opportunity of working with Barcelona legend Xavi Hernandez, who is the coach of Al Sadd.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day
Covid-19: Northern Region records 11 new active cases