A two-storey building has collapsed in the Ago Palace Way area of Lagos State, barely a week after the collapse of a building in the Ebute Metta area.
According to reports, the building located at Chris Igadi Street, off Ago Palace Way, opposite Kilimanjaro/ AP filling station, collapsed in the wee hours of Saturday.
The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, said rescuers responded to the incident at about 3 am on Saturday.
“On arrival, information gathered from the residents revealed that the building gave signs several hours before the building collapsed.
“Fortunately, nobody was trapped as all the occupants evacuated the area when the signs began two hours before the collapse.
“A headcount of occupants was carried out to ensure no occupant is missing and the remains of the building were cordoned off,” he said.
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone who accuses him of smuggling
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for MPs – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display