The Executive Director of the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC), Dr. Ishmael Ackah has hinted at a tarrif increment soon.
He however did not provide the effective date for the adjustment. Dr. Ackah also declined to mention the percentage increment.
He nonetheless, indicated that the tarrif adjustment will be “business-friendly, especially for Small Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).”
Dr. Ackah disclosed this at an interaction with media personnel in Accra on Friday, August 12, 2022.
He noted that PURC acknowledges the economic challenges utility consumers face. However, this must be juxtaposed with the need for the providers to stay in business.
The PURC boss also stated that in coming up with the new tarrif, benchmark losses incurred by the utilities, such as technical losses and illegal connection are taken into consideration.
He assured that very transparent processes have been used to arrive at the yet to be announced tariffs.
He used the occasion to announce that the Commission will be celebrating its 25th anniversary in September. “The celebration will be characterised by consumer clinics to educate the public about our mandate,” he said.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs