Arsenal have completed their first transfer of the summer with the signing of Brazilian teenager Gabriel Martinelli.
The 18-year-old forward has signed “a long-term contract”, the Gunners have confirmed.
Martinelli has joined from Brazilian side Ituano, where he had scored 10 goals in 34 games after making his debut in 2017.
“I model my game on Cristiano Ronaldo,” Martinelli said.
“He is a player who works hard, pushing himself to the next level. Always in the run for titles and individual trophies.
“This is a dream since I was a child and also my family’s dream for me to be playing in Europe and playing for a big team like Arsenal. I am going to take this opportunity.”
Martinelli was recently called up to train with the senior Brazil national team in preparation for the Copa America.
“It was an amazing feeling, a dream come true, being able to be beside great players,” he said of that experience.
“It is a great opportunity to learn and I enjoyed it as much as I could.”
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change