Arsenal are working on a mutual agreement to terminate Willian’s contract before a free transfer to Brazilian club Corinthians.
The deal could save the Gunners millions of pounds as the Brazil midfielder still has two years left on a three-year contract, reported to be worth more than £200,000 a week.
Willian, 33, joined Arsenal from Chelsea on a free transfer last summer.
He made 25 league appearances last season but is yet to feature this term.
Before Arsenal’s 5-0 defeat by Manchester City on Saturday, Gunners boss Mikel Arteta said he “didn’t know” why Willian’s time at the club had not been more successful.
Negotiations will continue between Arsenal and Willian’s representatives before the transfer deadline on Tuesday.
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks