Legon Cities new signing Hans Kwofie has revealed Asamoah Gyan played a huge role when he was making his decision to join Legon Cities.
Kwofie joined the Royals in the early part of the second transfer window from AshGold.
The 32-year-old started the season the well with the Miners scoring five goals in nine games.
At the time of the transfer, AshGold were in the top four and Legon Cities were in the relegation zone.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with Joy Sports, Kwofie says he still opted for the switch because he was excited by the prospect of playing with Asamoah Gyan.
“My coming here [Legon Cities] was influenced by Asamoah Gyan. I wanted to play with him. I’ve admired him for a very long time and he is my role model. Whenever I see him play, I am very happy.”
Since Kwofie joined the Royals, Gyan is yet to make an appearance in the Ghana Premier League. However, the former AshGold striker is eager to play with Gyan.
“The idea of coming to play with him is an idea that was very good for me. It’s even a morale booster for me and I can’t wait to play with him.”
Legon Cities resume the second round with a game against Berekum Chelsea at the Golden City park.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Today’s front pages: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Bawumia does not hold British citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Ghana commits to Sustainable Housing Programs at UN-Habitat Assembly
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- African governments must invest in biotech to improve agriculture – Deputy Agric Minister
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’