Audio By Carbonatix
Minister for Lands and Natural Resources, Samuel Abdulai Jinapor says the Asantehene’s involvement in the fight against Galamsey is very encouraging.
Speaking to Sampson Lardy Anyenini on Newfile Saturday, Mr Jinapor stated that the Asantehene is a man of great influence and moral authority. Thus, his involvement in the galamsey fight is a step in the right direction.
“The Asantehene’s presence at the consultation held in Kumasi was a big impetus to efforts we are making to fight the galamsey menace and we are highly appreciative of that,” he stated.
Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II participated in the maiden Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining held in Kumasi recently.
In response to a question whether he would say that so far the fight against galamsey has been good, Mr Jinapor said " I am not sure about so far so good".
“I am told that as a result of the measures we put in place, the River Pra and River Oteng are beginning to recover, It's early days yet. I don't want to be ahead of myself," he explained.
"This is a collective effort by both members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in Parliament and I thank them all. The support and initiatives suggested by these legislators to eradicate the menace have been massive," he stated.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
3 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
4 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
4 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
5 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
5 hours