Award-winning rapper Sarkodie on Sunday held a historic virtual concert amassing millions of views online from music lovers in Ghana and the world at large.
From start to finish, the entire show saw a variety of music acts and performances from both the old and the new.
Held at the Independence Square in Osu, the performances on the night ranged from acts by Efya Nocturnal, Joey B, and King Promise to the very grand entry of the rapper, which was as iconic as the artist himself.
Legendary acts like Abrantie Amakye Dede and Yaw Sarpong served audiences with some breathtaking performances of some of their classic tunes.
As part of the night’s package, the show saw Sarkodie and Reggae Dancehall act Shatta Wale in an energetic performance, the first after close to five years of “feuding” between the two.
The main highlight of the show that awed fans still has them talking was Sarkodie’s entry.
Performing apex of the Independence Arch, the rapper stood next to the iconic Black Star, with choreographers positioned a step down, wielding lit torches.
His performances on the night were a true testament to adequate preparation and the professionalism that the rapper touts.
Great sound quality and breathtaking lighting added to the magic of the night.
Sarkodie has certainly raised the bar with this concert and it will without a doubt be considered as one of the most legendary Ghanaian shows of this generation.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills