The Ayawaso West Wuogon Municipality in the Greater Accra Region has recorded the majority of the latest Covid-19 cases, the Ghana Health Service has said.
The Municipality is made up of suburbs including East Legon, Airport, Dzorwulu, Legon and Abelemkpe among others.
According to the Service, the majority of the 179 new confirmed cases recorded in the Greater Accra Region as of July 11, were in the Ayawaso West Municipality.
“The 179 new cases were recorded in 12 out of 29 districts”, Dr Badu Sarkodie, Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service, said.
He said in all 264 new cases were recorded in the country.
In the Western region, he said 49 new cases were recorded in three out of 14 districts, with the majority from Wassa Amenfi East.
He added that 18 new cases were recorded in six out of 43 districts in the Ashanti region, with majority cases from Kumasi Metro.
In the Eastern region, he noted that 12 new cases in three out of 33 districts were recorded, with the majority of the cases from Lower Manya Krobo.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin