Players and officials of Nsuekyir FC on Lemon Thursday enjoyed themselves after passing through a test of perseverance and peace when they beat the favourites, Adidas Stars 4-2 on penalties to be decorated with the giant trophy at stake in the 2022 Aboakyer Festival Sports Program which was supported by Betika Ghana.
Simpa Odobikese placed third with Wonders taking the fourth position in the thrilling competition which attracted lots of people to the UNIPRA South Football Park at Winneba.
Belo Cida Haruna, Head of Marketing at Betika Ghana, the sponsors of the football event commended the officials, players, and fans who trooped in their numbers to make the tournament very successful.
He said Betika is committed to investing in the youth through sports, arts, and culture.
He thanked the chief of the Effutu Traditional Area, Nenyi Ghartey VII for gracing the event and encouraging the youth to appreciate peace, unity, love, and discipline.
Former Technical Director of the Ghana Football Association, Coach Francis Oti Akenteng, Mr. Seth Ayensu Bortsie, Chairman of the Central Region Tug of War Association, and elders of the Effutu Traditional Area presented the big golden trophy to the winners and cash prizes to the finalists who placed 7th to first.
He congratulated the champions and all the participants. He however suggested that more such football tournaments should be organized.
Betika in recent times have partnered Kumasi Asante Kotoko, arguably the biggest sports brand in Ghana, with fans attesting to the level of professionalism and excellence they have exhibited in line with their work and their prompt payments to winners.
Betika has the fastest live betting, instant deposits, and withdrawals. It offers the most competitive odds and running promotions like Fabom Beti and Falaa Daily Jackpot where you can stake with as low as 50 pesewas.
To register click on https://betika.com.gh/register?next=% or visit www.betika.com.gh and to download the Betika App click on https://app.betika.com.gh/
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Independent Power Producers threaten to cut power supply by June 30
- I either stay objective on Sarkodie issues or go silent – Kobby Kyei
- NPP flagbearership race: Supporters pick form for Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Yamoah Cadman wraps up 2023 NCAA-II outdoor season as All-American, other Ghanaians impress
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana records 1,462 Covid-19 related deaths in three years
- Ken Addy worried live musical instruments will fade out
- Barca legends Alba, Busquets bid emotional farewell to Camp Nou
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Edem Agbana commends Adentan and Ring-Road Central Rotaract clubs for their donation to Tadzewu M/A Basic School
- Ashanti Region Super Zonals: OKESS and St. Louis triumph as T.I Ahmadiyya lose top spots
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided