The staff of Bibiani Old Town Nzongo Primary and JHS embarked on a sit-down strike on Tuesday over the poor hygienic condition on the school’s premises.
In recent times, there have been records of yet-to-be-identified persons invading the school for their illegal activities including smoking and ‘shit-bombing’.
According to the authorities, the residents have turned the school into a ‘wee base’.
With their pleas and warnings falling on deaf ears, the school authorities staged the sober protest to voice their anger.
Some students, speaking to Adom News’ Augustine Boah, said the smell from the latrines and faeces smeared on their marker boards, tables and chairs exposes them to diseases.
They have therefore appealed to the authorities to put in place stringent punishment for perpetrators.
The Assembly member of the electoral area, Abdallah Mohammed, admitted the problem and sent a firm warning to perpetrators of the act to be very careful because anyone who will be caught in the act would be used as scapegoat.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group