A convener for Africa Bitcoin Conference, Farida Nabourema has stated that it is necessary for Africa and the world to have a common currency that would be free from traditional banking system control.
She was speaking at a three-day African Bitcoin Conference organized to educate people on Bitcoin and get Africans to embrace its use.
Speaking during the conference, Farida Nabourema mentioned that Bitcoin provides a way for easy access to funding and makes international trading easy.
“Bitcoin provides immersive ways of breaking monetary barriers in multiple sectors, in agriculture, education, health and computer technology, we are trying to make money accessible to everyone and we want Africans to understand how it works because information is key so we want a currency that is no longer segregated, that is not based on nationality or geographic and political divisions. We want a currency that resonates with everyone regardless of the country that they are based in”, she said.
She added that transacting businesses with foreign companies is sometimes tiresome due to the long processes that huge transactions go through.
Chief Executive Officer of Bitnob, Bernard Parah added that independent financing and development cannot take place without an independent currency, hence the need for economies to adopt a universal currency to boost trading.
“It is important to remember that independent financing and development cannot take place without an independent currency. A currency system that is backed by the resources of a foreign state, is subject to the trade and foreign arrangement of that country”, he posited.
The African Bitcoin Conference in partnership with Paxful has created a training centre in Kumasi to train individuals on the use of Bitcoin.
The maiden edition of the conference includes workshops and trainings geared towards highlighting the importance of Bitcoin to businesses.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Philanthropist provides 6-Unit classroom block to Lente-Wute Community Basic School
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- DWP USA was created to bring all cultures together
- School placement for BECE graduates to be released in February – Ministry of Education
- Gold for Oil deal lacks transparency; it must go before Parliament – Mahama
- School placement system must be overhauled – Dr Peter Anti
- Deborah Acquah qualifies for 2023 World Athletics Championships
- Pay Toure over GHC 100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager