The Black Queens of Ghana came from behind to beat Morocco 3-1 in a friendly game played at the Accra Sports Stadium on Thursday.
The Atlas Lionesses of Morocco were awarded a penalty early in the game which was well converted by Chebbak Chizlane in the opening minutes.
Ghana quickly responded through Faustina Kyereme as she got the equalizer for the Black Queens in the 26th minute.
The Black Queens took the lead with just some few minutes to end the first half as Linda Eshun scored from a free kick to see Ghana take the lead for the first time in the game.
The Black Queens went into the half time break with a 2-1 lead.
The second half produced a lot of chances for both sides but the Black Queens showed their dominance and secured a third goal through substitute Georgina Ayisha Aoyem to put the game beyond the reach of the North African side.
The two teams are using the game as preparations ahead of their respective qualifiers in the AWCON.
The Black Queens will play with the Atlas Lionesses again on Monday, November 30, in another friendly match as part of preparations for upcoming qualifiers to the next AWCON tournament.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out