Millennials have taken the euphoria surrounding the ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ to another level.
Already the song has topped charts in Ghana, Nigeria Gambia and is currently Number 73 on Apple Music’s Global Top 100.
It has become the second most-streamed hip-hop song on Audiomack after YoungBoy NBA and on YouTube, the audio slide is just nearing 900,000 views.
While many continue to wonder what did it for the 20-year-old Black Sherif, the song’s enchanting vibe seems to have caught on with TikTok users.
It has over the past few days become the stock of influencers and ordinary users alike.
Many of them are improvising to recreate the rain-esque performance of Blacko while others employ the now-famous “who never f*cked up hands in the air,” to convey a variety of massages.
@call_me_sheena Who sent me #call_me_sheena #kimsheena1 #ewetiktokers ♬ Kwaku The Traveller – phantomreacts
And interestingly, it is gaining traction. The litres of water being used in getting some of the drama across are literally flooding timelines.
@mimikings_ Of course I fuckedup 💔 #mimikings0 #teamsam🔥 #trending ♬ original sound – phantomreacts
Nearly 45,000 videos have been uploaded onto the video blogging platform using the song as of Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
On the song itself, the Konongo-based musician expands on the shouldering of one’s mistakes in the search for greener pastures, the criticisms and the perseverance to push through nonetheless.
@incrediblezigi CAN YOU DO THIS WITH FRIENDS? JOIN IN #kwakuthetravellerchallenge 😍😅#incrediblezigi #tiktoknigeria #fyp #viral #trends #fyt #reverse #ajbrown13 #tiktok ♬ original sound – GREATNESS‼️
It is the third project to follow his breakout First and Second Sermons after the latter record drew in Burna Boy for its remix.
Black Sherif is signed to Road Boys Association (RBA).
Watch more videos below:
@dfw_munaah Another video😂😂 coz the one I posted had a lot of views and likes😂❤️ #fyp #trending ♬ original sound – phantomreacts
@_officialsissyf Who never fuck up🥺🥺🥺, very deep😩😩😩#fyp #viral #trending #foryoupage #tiktokghana🇬🇭 ♬ original sound – Sad Blacko
@possigh1 Kwaku The Traveller 😭 Black Sheriff 🥰#trending #tiktok #viral ♬ original sound – phantomreacts
@oboy__cj Kweku the traveler 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒😂😂😂😂😂💔 #oboycj #kwekuthetraveller #kwakuthetraveller ♬ original sound – phantomreacts
The author, Kenneth Awotwe Darko is a journalist, music enthusiast and social media analyst.
Follow him on Twitter via @TheKennethDarko and on Facebook, Kenneth Awotwe Darko.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- He deserves it – Mikel Arteta on Partey strike in North London derby
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable