The much-anticipated Bob Marley and Sarkodie song has been released.
The remake of the Bob Marley classic ‘Stir It Up’ was released on Friday, January 20. This was produced by Ghanaian producer, MOG and featuring prominently on it is the signature guitar strums.
Reacting to the project, Sarkodie dubbed it the biggest highlight in his music journey.
The rapper who was delighted to have this opportunity noted that he was grateful to the Marley family for choosing him for the project.
“What a way to kick start this year!!! Definitely one of the best moments in my career/Life… Big shouts to the team at island records @akosuas_ @Jaykjs and the Marley family for getting me on this amazing project by the legend #bobmarley… such a blessing to lay my vocals right next to the original vocals of the Gong,” he stated.
Meanwhile, the Stir It Up remake has garnered a lot of reaction from fans.
I don’t think anything can top having a song with the legendary Bob Marley.. Not even a grammy!!— CB (@carl_NB) January 20, 2023
Bisa Kdei Album is fire ….— Daber3 woyare 🤣🏃🏽♂️🇬🇭🇳🇬 (@sikaena1) January 20, 2023
Bob Marley and Sarkodie song is fire
Camidohs Ep damn fire 🔥
Ghana music is blessed this week
Sark keeps showing me,being authentic in your art can really take you farther.— Rhythmgod🧘🏾♂️☮️🕯️ (@NanaCalis_) January 20, 2023
Twi on a Bob Marley record? ⏺️
Best time to be Ghanaian
Flow on that beat is sick.. I have a problem with content tho.— Kwadwo Sheldon (@kwadwosheldon) January 20, 2023
@sarkodie has now switched to immortal state.. if ebi easy make your favorite artiste do am err..he is the #landlord for a reason #Stiritup @bobmarley 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥— Manuel Diswayson (@diswayson) January 20, 2023
Sarkodie has done something no musician in the Ghanaian music industry can do!!Getting a feature on a dead legends tune,that’s hard!Not just any musician o, Bob Marley!!! The family convincing sef nor go be joke Chale. @valentinomcdona hats off to yall Chale!— SplitEntertainment🙌🏾 (@mhumiex) January 20, 2023
The song is a mad distin Heeeerrrrhhhhh boys it’s settled @sarkodie be boss eeeeeiiii the rap Dey flow in line with the ‘stir it up’ thing. Landlord for a reason pic.twitter.com/nxEz69WZ0z— #JAMZ ALBUM – Sarkodie (@holefredyankey1) January 20, 2023
I swear Asamando ay3 d3!! They are all clapping for Sarkodie for bringing “Stir It Up” back to life. All hail the African Rap god “SARKODIE” 👑— Alpha SarkCess🇬🇭😊♥️ (@AlphaSarkces) January 20, 2023
Bob Marley was crying tho🥺, tears of joy😂🔥🔥🔥
It could have been a whole different project to serve as a memorandum for BOB MARLEY buh they decided to jump on one of his biggest songs ever because of clout chasing. Kabs can never be my GOAT Tueeeh— KOJO OKYERE WALE ⚪️ (@kojo_wale) January 20, 2023
At least I’m alive to see Sarkodie and Bob Marley collabo. 😇— Dey💡 (@Lighten_AD) January 20, 2023
I’m shocked people are asking why Sarkodie went full Adwamaen mode on that song. You figa Stir it up be motivational song or something?— Ernest Coleman (@cole__xy) January 20, 2023
Pay more attention to Bob Marley’s lyrics.
I saw what Sarkodie did there with the flow.😂😂🐐 Even the deaf will enjoy this flow whether he understand the lyrics or not. Damn! Obidi🔥🔥🔥🇬🇭 #StirItUp— ▶️ SARKODIE’S LAWYER🔫 🇬🇭🇳🇬🌞 (@Sark_Lawyer) January 20, 2023
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices
- Policy rate increase will exacerbate challenges confronting businesses, hamper growth and employment – GNCCI
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris