Ugandan opposition leader Robert Kyagulanyi, popularly known as Bobi Wine, wants the chief justice to recuse himself from hearing a petition challenging the re-election of President Yoweri Museveni.
Bobi Wine accuses Justice Alfonse Owiny-Dollo of bias because of his close association to the president.
The opposition politician also wants two other supreme court judges to recuse themselves from the petition on similar grounds.
The three judges have not responded to the accusations.
Chief Justice Owiny-Dollo was President Museveni’s lawyer in 2006, according to the Nile Post website.
Justice Mike Chibita was Mr Museveni’s private secretary on legal affairs, while Justice Ezekiel Muhanguzi is a relative of Security Minister Elly Tumwine, according to local media.
Bobi Wine argues that the three cannot hear the petition without bias.
President Museveni won a sixth elected term last month. His main rival Bobi Wine said the election was rigged, but Mr Museveni said it was the fairest vote ever.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Internal report on CSSPS related corruption ready – Kwasi Kwarteng
- We need to find out if investigation on CSSPS was concluded – Dr. Anti
- We were denied CSSPS data to check public basic schools placement quota – Eduwatch
- GRA taskforce arrests five shopping malls managers for tax infractions
- Ghana free from sleeping sickness
- Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
- Emmanuel Owusu: Proposals to operationalise Ghana Financial Stability Fund (GFSF)
- Minority reshuffle: We didn’t consult Caucus for good reasons – Asiedu Nketia
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues bid £105.6m for Enzo Fernandez
- Mr Eazi featured in new star-studded #Boss Campaign
- I Am Investible launches project to create 20k jobs
- Finance Minister’s assurance on DDE welcoming – Individual Bondholders Forum Convenor
- African Development Bank approves $50m and €50m to develop agricultural value chains, improve food security
- ‘We Are One’ promo: The Osei Kuffuors emerge winners of first episode
- DDEP: There will be no punitive action for self-exemption – Individual Bondholders Forum