Black Stars captain, Andre Ayew has labelled Brazil “the best” in the world ahead of the international friendly on Friday.
Ghana face the South American side in a pre-World Cup friendly in Le Havre, France. The Samba Boys are unbeaten in 13 matches, scoring 30 goals in that run.
The five-time World Champions boast of 24 players plying their trade in Europe including Paris Saint Germain forward Neymar, Real Madrid duo, Vinicuis Jr. and Rodrygo, Barcelona’s Rafinha and Antony of Manchester United with two from their domestic league.
“Brazil currently for me is the best in the world. So we are playing the best and we have to acknowledge that they have players playing in the top clubs, week-in week-out, winning trophies,” Ayew told the press.
“We are not going to compare ourselves to them. That will be making mistake but we are going to challenge and go into the battle, that’s 100%.”
The Brazil friendly is one of two matches for Ghana with the second set to be played on September 27 against Nicaragua.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs