The District Chief Executive (DCE) for Gomoa East in the Central Region has revealed that the Buduburam Refugee Camp and settlements around it will soon be demolished.
Solomon Darko Quarm said the exercise is part of measures to clamp down on crime in Gomoa and Kasoa, where several criminal activities have been recorded.
According to him, President Akufo Addo has given them the go ahead to demolish the place.
In an interview with Adom News, the DCE asked residents there to relocate or risk their properties being destroyed.
“The camp itself is a 141-acre land. All we are saying is that we are clearing the entire area. The chiefs held press conferences and issued an ultimatum to government.
“Following that we held meetings with various stakeholders. And our request has been granted. So very soon the camp will be closed and the entire area will be cleared for development in order to change the image of the town,” he said.
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham