A Ghanaian businesswoman and founder of the fashion company Chic by Siba, Siba Adom, has been awarded the African Women Entrepreneurship Program fellowship.
The African Women’s Entrepreneurship Program (AWEP) identifies with high potential women entrepreneurs across sub-Saharan Africa.
The three-week fellowship is awarded to small and medium business enterprise (SMEs) owners who are transforming their societies through economic development and social advocacy in their communities.
As a recipient of the AWEP fellowship, Madam Adom is one of 32 African women entrepreneurs that will travel to the United States to attend professional development meetings.
She will also network with U.S. policy makers, companies, industry associations, nonprofit groups, and multilateral development organizations.
The three-week program allows the AWEP participants to share best practices, discuss common challenges and learn about the global economy and factors that lead to long-term business growth.
Speaking about the significance of the AWEP fellowship award, Madam Adom said, “I feel very privileged to have been awarded this opportunity. I will make the most of it not just to boost my own business but also to help other women entrepreneurs benefit from the insights and networks that I gain through this AWEP award.”
Siba Adom was nominated and selected by the staff at the US Embassy in Ghana based on her entrepreneurial accomplishments, her potential to advance her business venture through the fellowship and serve as a bridge builder between businesses in Ghana and the United States.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park