Managing Director of Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (GGBL), Gavin Pike, has engaged senior journalists and news editors at a breakfast meeting in Accra.
The engagement was to familiarize himself with the media in Ghana as he settles into his work as the new Managing Director of the beverage manufacturer.
Also at the meeting were newly appointed directors of GGBL, Leticia Teiko Insaidoo – Customer Marketing and Mainstream Spirits Director, Teye Mkushi – Finance Director, and Melanie Ramsey – Marketing and Innovations Director.
Mr. Pike noted that the media profession has evolved greatly in Ghana playing a positive role in helping to consolidate democracy and national development.
He said “We acknowledge the critical role of the media in the development of every economy and as a business we seek to engage the media from time to time as they carry out their core mandate of informing, educating and entertaining the general public on key issues. As the leading total beverage business in Ghana, we continuously seek to sustain the positive relationship we have with the media.”.
The event which forms part of the company’s relationship building activities with various stakeholders of which the media is key also afforded the newly appointed directors the opportunity to interact with the media and share information about the various portfolios they manage.
Gabriel Opoku-Asare, Corporate Relations Director said, “GGBL has operated in Ghana for almost sixty year and it is our ambition to continue operating in Ghana for many more years. We are proud of our business and the impact we are making in the communities through our alcohol in society, local sourcing and water of life programmes. Most recently GGBL together with the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) and other players in the industry launched the Ghana Recycling Initiative by Private Enterprises (GRIPE) to tackle plastic waste in Ghana. We believe that by collaborating with government and the media much more can be achieved."
The media was represented by senior journalists and news editors from leading local and international broadcast houses in Accra.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed