MTN Ghana has taken surfing the internet to the next level by offering customers at Tip Toe lane in Accra a 50% discount on Wi-Fi service from December 3.
Members of the general public can access MTN Wi-Fi service in the Tip Toe suburb via two options: The first option is the SIM authentication method open to MTN subscribers only.
Using a SIM-based device with EAP-SIM or EAP - AKA a standard feature supported by most phone brands, a subscriber can access this service. Network authentication is done through MTN SIM, there is no username, account or password required.
The second option is open to both to MTN Subscribers and other non-subscribers and requires individuals to latch on to the Wi-Fi network by creating an account (username and password) from the portal.
The username will be the customers' phone number (MSISDN). This method, however, allows the username created to be used on all non-SIM based devices to connect to the Wi-Fi network. All the connected devices will be charged to one username.
“The implementation of the MTN Wi-Fi service at Tip Toe Lane is an integral part of our vision to lead in the delivery of a bold new digital world.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“The Wi-Fi service we believe will go a long way to boost the brisk business activities in that area and also offer the endless possibilities of connectivity particularly in the area of e-commerce”. Corporate Services Executive of MTN Ghana, Samuel Koranteng said.
The Sales and Distribution Executive of MTN Ghana, Eric Nsarkoh, said, “MTN has declared 2019 as the ‘Year of the Customer’, and this is just the beginning of many innovative services we intend rolling out to our customers across the country.”
This Wi-Fi service is open to the public and data charges are heavily discounted by 50%.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Airline profits set to grow in 2019
- China to 'cut US car tariff to 15%'
- NIC task force swoops commercial buildings without insurance; arrests 6
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap