Former Chief Executive Officer of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital and Founder of the Holy Trinity Spa and Health Farm, Dr Felix Anyah has been adjudged as the Most Respected CEO at the Ghana Industry CEO Awards 2018.
Speaking to JoyBusiness after receiving the award, Dr Anyah said the government needs to focus on preventive health for the country if the ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’
According to him, Ghana needs to respect its values, especially with leadership in all sectors of the economy.
He expressed gratitude to the staff of both Holy Trinity and Korle Bu for the support in ensuring that the health of the nation is well taking care of.
“Many of the things I have been thinking about is for the right direction for the health sector moving on, I think that we should move on with a focus on prevention and health promotion, that the number one,” he said.
Several CEOs in the country were awarded for their hard work and dedication to the country.
Vice Chancellor of the University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA); Prof. Abednego Okoe Amartey emerged as the best CEO in the Education sector, Stanbic Bank boss; Alhassan Andani won the best CEO in the Banking Sector and the General Manager of Accra City Hotel, Roman Krabel taking home the best CEO in the Hospitability and Tourism sector.
Chief Executive of GIHOC Distilleries, Maxwell Kofi Jumah received most respected Public sector CEO and a lifetime achievement award.
Former Presidents, Jerry John Rawlings and John Agyekum Kufuor were also given Lifetime Achievement Awards for their immense contributions to the country.
The Ghana Industry CEO Awards is aimed at identifying and publicly recognizing the most outstanding CEOS across 19 delineated sectors of the Ghanaian economy with a view to encouraging improved corporate governance and institutional leadership standards in the country.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation
- Ghana stocks head for 21-month low as banking concerns linger
- PIAC rejects 'poor data quality' excuse for direct negotiation for oil blocks
- Gov’t to introduce financing scheme for Made in Ghana cars
- Bawumia leads gov't's trade, investment delegation to Canada
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?
- Ecobank, Partners provide financial support to 16 medical students
- Johannesburg tops Women Entrepreneur Cities Index
- Ghana still high-risk debt of distress country - IMF/World Bank
- Cowbell to construct 20 boreholes to mark 20th anniversary
- Nestle introduces a new kind of chocolate
- Prove your ability to keep debt at sustainable levels - Terkper challenges gov’t