Unilever Ghana has denied reports that it is recruiting new staff for the company.
The multinational company further warned the general public not to give in to the activities of some scammers demanding money to give them a job.
In a statement Tuesday, Unilever said it has tracked such activities to some individuals and group of persons on social media, purporting to act as recruitment agents/agencies for the company.
“They have been soliciting money from unsuspecting members of the public as facilitation fees. Unilever Ghana would like to draw the attention of members of the public to the activities of these scammers and caution against transacting business with them,” it said.
According to the company, it does not solicit money from anyone to facilitate recruitment stressing “All job vacancies at Unilever are advertised on the company’s careers sites: www.unileverghana.com/careers/ and Unilever official LinkedIn page.”
It encouraged the public to visit these sites for information on all career opportunities in the company.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector
- COCOBOD money not solution to free falling cedi – Bentil
- We will bring back the past status of farmers - Dr Akoto