Union Oil Ghana Limited has promised to work diligently to provide Ghanaians with the best services in the oil marketing sector.
Speaking at the 10th anniversary celebrations, Managing Director of Union Oil, Charles Obeng-Mensah, said although the company had its own challenges in the last ten years, they will not be toppled by it in their provision of service to Ghanaians.
“Union Oil’s major target for the future will be the ability to provide Ghanaians best service. In short, we intend to strive forward to achieve excellence,” he explained.
The event took place on Wednesday, March 13 at the company’s headquarters in Darkuman in the Greater Accra Region.
Mr Obeng-Mensah further stated, the company wants the future generation to be inspired by the dedication of the company to know more, strive through hard times and persist for the life of the company.
He added, “even though it has been tough and tiresome, it has been very rewarding. We found ourselves amongst the top five Oil Marketing Companies within the first five years and we thank almighty God for that.”
Also present at the occasion was Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Association of Oil Marketing Companies (AOMCs), Kwaku Agyeman-Duah who praised Union Oil for its growth and determination in the sector.
“It is a matter of great pride to see an indigenous Oil Marketing company growing, embracing good value system and achieving its vision statement,” he stated.
He revealed the volume of petroleum products lifted by Union Oil yearly averages at 19,302,834.48 litres for petrol, 20,442,445.8 litres for diesel and 807,408 litres for premix constituting a total market share of 0.87%.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018