Union Oil Ghana Limited has promised to work diligently to provide Ghanaians with the best services in the oil marketing sector.
Speaking at the 10th anniversary celebrations, Managing Director of Union Oil, Charles Obeng-Mensah, said although the company had its own challenges in the last ten years, they will not be toppled by it in their provision of service to Ghanaians.
“Union Oil’s major target for the future will be the ability to provide Ghanaians best service. In short, we intend to strive forward to achieve excellence,” he explained.
The event took place on Wednesday, March 13 at the company’s headquarters in Darkuman in the Greater Accra Region.
Mr Obeng-Mensah further stated, the company wants the future generation to be inspired by the dedication of the company to know more, strive through hard times and persist for the life of the company.
He added, “even though it has been tough and tiresome, it has been very rewarding. We found ourselves amongst the top five Oil Marketing Companies within the first five years and we thank almighty God for that.”
Also present at the occasion was Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Association of Oil Marketing Companies (AOMCs), Kwaku Agyeman-Duah who praised Union Oil for its growth and determination in the sector.
“It is a matter of great pride to see an indigenous Oil Marketing company growing, embracing good value system and achieving its vision statement,” he stated.
He revealed the volume of petroleum products lifted by Union Oil yearly averages at 19,302,834.48 litres for petrol, 20,442,445.8 litres for diesel and 807,408 litres for premix constituting a total market share of 0.87%.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector
- COCOBOD money not solution to free falling cedi – Bentil
- We will bring back the past status of farmers - Dr Akoto
- West Hills Mall gives corporate workers March treat
- Over 30 entries received for Ghana Beverage Awards 2018