Jumia Ghana, the biggest online shopping platform in Ghana, has launched mega sales promotion to commemorate Ghana’s 62nd Independence anniversary .
With the launch of this promo, the e-commerce giant has significantly reduced prices of hundreds of items in its stock to enable Ghanaians shop for themselves and their loved ones. During the week-long promotion window, customers would be able to buy mobile phones and accessories, fashion and beauty items, groceries, kitchen wares and home décor among other items at cutthroat prices.
Some products on sale have had their prices reduced by as much as 75 percent whilst customers can also get some items with prices slashed by half.
Explaining the reason behind the promo, Stephen Sawyerr, Head of Growth at Jumia Ghana states “This Independence Day promotion is our way of celebrating this momentous day in the history of Ghana with our customers.” “For us, affordability and convenience are two key value propositions that underpin every decision we take and we are telling Ghanaians by this gesture that we are always committed and sensitive to their needs” he adds. Stephen also believes that “People should have the freedom to sit in the comfort of their homes and offices and shop with as little budget as possible, all in the spirit of the freedom of our independence.”
With over one million products on its platform, Jumia stocks the highest range of products of any e-commerce platform in the country. The Independence Sales Promo runs for a week and it is expected that thousands of Ghanaians will take advantage of this reduction in pricing on the platform to do their shopping conveniently.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector
- COCOBOD money not solution to free falling cedi – Bentil
- We will bring back the past status of farmers - Dr Akoto