Jumia Ghana, the leader in e-commerce in Ghana has congratulated workers in Ghana on this year’s International Workers Day, a day set aside to celebrate workers across the globe.
The day, popularly known as May Day or Labour Day recognizes the hard work and dedication of workers. In Ghana, the day is declared a public holiday and celebrated with march pasts by workers in Accra and other regional capitals where they are addressed by the leaders of the various labour unions and government officials.
“On this day set aside for workers, I would want to, on behalf of the management of Jumia Ghana, congratulate all Ghanaian workers, and in particular the dedicated team at Jumia who have made this dream of creating Ghana’s biggest online shopping platform a reality” says Ore Odusanya, the Country Manager of Jumia Ghana.
In his message to workers to mark this year’s May Day, Ore further affirms Jumia’s continuous commitment to ensuring the welfare of workers. According to him “Workers are the engine of economic growth and on this special occasion, we at Jumia would want to reiterate our dedication to continually promote the interests and well-being of workers.”
On his part, Ibrahim Assani, the Head of Human Resources at Jumia Ghana believes this year’s May Day celebration provides a good opportunity for employers to refocus and commit to ensuring the welfare of the Ghanaian worker.
“May Day is a day for celebration as much as it is for reflection on the huge contribution and sacrifices workers have made in the development of their organizations and the nation at large” Ibrahim says. “It is only appropriate that on such a day, employers re-commit to the welfare and needs of their employees,” he concludes.
Jumia Ghana presently employs over 200 people and also provides indirect employment to hundreds of other young talents.
Jumia is the leading Pan-African e-commerce platform active in six regions in Africa, which consist of 14 countries. Our platform consists of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets.
Our mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018
- GOIL to invest about $25m in ExxonMobil deal in 5yrs