GCB Bank Limited posted a significantly improved bottom line with a net profit of ¢323.13 million for the year ended 2018.
This translates into growth of ¢110.42 million over the ¢212.72 million recorded in the 2017 financial year.
Top line growth was appreciable despite instability in the banking industry with 2018 recording ¢1,260 million as total income compared to ¢1,113 million recorded in 2017.
The Bank further took the lead in mobilizing ¢1,379 million to end the year with ¢8,335 million in deposits.
GCB also chronicled total assets of ¢10,635 million making it the Bank with the largest asset base in Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Foreign MoMo operators must have 30% local participation to secure license – BoG
- Special Prosecutor, CHRAJ to assist PIAC to fight misuse of petroleum funds
- KPMG appoints new Senior Partner
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology
- Anglogold engineer calls for training for artisanal miners
- Video: Alhassan Andani makes startling revelation on banking crisis
- Banking crisis: We are out of the woods –Stanbic’s Alhassan Andani
- Why the economy grows but jobs are not – Stanbic MD has answers
- Gold gains to near highest since 2013
- African Engineers converge in Tunis for conference on Food Security
- CBG pays out GH¢2bn to depositors, MFIs from bonds