The Bole District Magistrate Court has sentenced 25-year-old carpenter, Majeed Alhassan to 24 months imprisonment for stealing a motorbike at Sawla in the Savannah region.
The prosecutor in the case, Chief Inspector, Abdulai Awuni told the Court that Majeed a native of Wa in the Upper West Region went to Sawla and stole a boxer motorbike when the complainant was in the mosque praying.
Majeed then took the bike to Damongo to sell it, however, a friend of the owner saw it and lodged a complaint at the police station.
So when the suspect came to the buyer to collect his balance, he was arrested by the Damongo police and referred to the Sawla.
The motorbike was also retrieved.
During the proceedings, Majeed pleaded guilty to his offenses and was charged with stealing and unlawful entry.
The court presided over by Andrew Prince Cudjoe in his judgment said, “Majority of the youth of today wants quick money and will want to do anything to get it. This is making everywhere unsafe for residents as one cannot leave his motorbike outside his own compound for some minutes.
“I, therefore, sentence the accused person to 24 Months imprisonment to serve as deterrence to other youth who are into stealing of motorbikes.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told
- Flood from Bui dam spillage leaves 1,500 residents displaced in Buipe